Tuesday, January 15, 2008

In search of a foot massage...

Hey! I'm in northeast Thailand in an internet cafe off a side-street. The name of the city is Kohn Kaen. Cars, motorcycles and wild laughing out on the street. We played today and the day before and the day before, etc, etc. I haven't been able to post anything because here in Thailand, at least at the hotels we've been staying at, the internet is astronomical and I haven't made it to an internet cafe because we haven't had a second to spare.

We go to Mahasarakham tomorrow morning early early to play at the university there. We're doing all these shows with local musicians and videotaping it all. The musicians played a traditional song in A minor and I started singing The Thill is Gone over it. Great fun.

I ate REAL Thai food two for days in a row now....

Nightmare experience: both Tucker and I sent out our laundry at the Intercontinental in Bangkok and we were still thinking (moneywise) in Vietnamese dong instead of Vietnamese bhat (which we were used to for two weeks) and our bills for a few shirts and socks was over $100 for both of us! It nearly killed me and I am determined to wear everything three to four times as long to get the most out of it.

After tomorrow's show, we go back to Bangkok and play at a party a the US Ambassador Eric John's house. I have found these "official" parties to be great fun. We'll be playing with some top notch musicians. East meets west again and again...

I have to go, this place is closing. I'm getting a foot massage next door...

Thanks for tuning in!

2 comments:

bowman said...

Have you seen any of those Texas UFOs on your trip? Doubt it. Reads like you've been too busy watching your feet get massaged. Foot massages are a lot less dangerous than UFOs; they both take you away but one is literal and the other figurative.

I'm spreading word about his blog so watch out for those more wacko than me. Safe travels.

peace,
bowman
- -
"Art will always be Art." - Goethe

Danny said...

More wacko than Art. Good one!
Sounds like you're having a blast, Bob. Look forward to hearing the tales!
Danny